About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Jill. I am a stay at home Mummy, born in Scotland and living in Dubai. I love to scrapbook, make hand-crafted cards and paper projects. I am a full-time mummy to Adam and have a wonderful husband and great family. I love stamping and being creative. I lie awake at night thinking up new designs! Does everyone do this or is it just me? :) Thanks for stopping by. Jill x

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

All Distressed!

Good morning crafters,  i hope you are all well. 

I have not posted a card for a few days because i have been busy busy busy making DT projects and have been sorting out my craft room. Boy, did it need it! My fab hubby put up a new shelf for me and now i have filled it, i dont know how i managed before! I told him i need another one and he just laughed! Oh well, it was worth a try! Anyway, i have a quick card to show you today.  I thought i would have a play with my distress inks and this is what i came up with.  To be honest, if i made this again, i think i would use brown ink to stamp my flowers onto the card base but you live and learn! I also had a few attempts at stamping the sentiment straight! This was attempt no. 4!  


Method:

 I coloured the card base using Tim Holtz disress ink (Shabby Shutters and Crushed Olive) then stamped the flowers with a Hero Arts stamp set. The edges are distressed with walnut stain.  The die cuts are Tim Holtz Alterations (Ornate) which i coloured with shabby shutters, crushed olive and worn lipstick.  The edges are walnut stain.  The rose is a Sizzix Bigz 3D flower die. That's it! Hope you like it. 

Challenges entered:

Pile it on challenge #16 - Pop it up!  http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com/2012/04/pile-it-on-16-pop-it-up.html

 OSAAT Challenge #109 - Bright http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.com/

 Cute Card Thursday Challenge #212 - Spring Flowers http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com/2012/04/challenge-212-spring-flowers.html

Card Crafter's Cirle Challenge #18 - Gentle Pastel colours  http://cardcrafterscircle.blogspot.com/2012/04/challenge-18-gentle-pastel-colours.html

My Mum's Craft Shop Challenge #52 - It's a celebration  http://mymumscraftshopchallenges.blogspot.com/2012/04/challenge-52-its-celebration.html

The Craft Garden April challenge - Pastel colours http://thecraftgarden.blogspot.com/


Thank you for dropping by. Sending a big hello to my new followers.
Best wishes,

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Jill !! I really love the way you've used your die cuts to enhance the design. Marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Thank you for sharing at One Stitch at a Time and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pretty card jill.the design is stunning :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card, lovely colours and great stamping!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card and fab colours :o) Thank you for sharing it with us at OSAAT this week. good luck. hugs

    NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card! Thanks for the tip. I will have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely. Thanks for playing along with us at The Craft Garden

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool! I love how you layered the punched edges! Thanks for playing with us this week at One Stitch At A Time! Best of luck in the draw!
    Hugs,
    Karen C (OSAAT DT)
    www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, thanks for playing along with Pile It On this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message. Have a good day, Jill :)